Friday, September 17, 2010

Updates

Last Sunday, we had another exciting first at the Bowman household. Jeff gave Ty his first bottle! Jeff has been dying to feed him, and we decided that would be a perfect birthday present for him. As you can see Ty took right to his bottle....thank goodness! What a wonderful bonding moment for them. Jeff couldn't love that little guy any more than he does.

And on that note, I couldn't be any more grateful to Elizabeth Maxwell for letting me borrow her her breast pump. That thing is incredible! I am so lucky to have a great friend like her. It will make life much easier as I return to work (she also happens to be my very talented business partner-she has been amazing while I've been on maternity leave-I owe her BIG time!).
Sleep? What's sleep? We are finally getting some 4 hour stretches at night (meaning start of one feeding to the start of the next feeding). Thank god for this swing. I never thought I would love something so much! It has been our lifesaver. Ty sleeps in it every night....it's been the only thing that actually works...and believe me, Jeff and I tried EVERYTHING in the beginning.

During the day, Ty does great sleeping in his nap nanny. Thank goodness for it! We are so lucky that aunt Lauren and Pam Hubbard had heard about this. With Ty's tummy issues, we have a hard time laying him flat on his back, so this is perfect! It's great when people know what you need more than you know! (and aunt Lauren is great at knowing what Ty needs...she and uncle Brent are spoiling him rotten...but we love it!)

So, that's what's going on. We can't believe Ty is right at 6 weeks old. Where does the time go?!?! We've had some crazy ups and downs through this journey of becoming parents, but we wouldn't change a second of it. He's only this little once, so we are genuinely trying to soak up every moment. We are thankful every day that he's growing and healthy. We are so lucky that we get to be parents and shape a life.
We love you all. Thank you for making our lives so rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment